Monday, June 8, 2009

June Makes Me Think About LOVE...

Ian's First Communion April 2009


New patio chairs to replace the ones blown away by Ike? $80
New umbrella to replace the one blown away by Ike? $58 (on sale at Lowe's)
Sitting outside with Brent on a gorgeous Sunday and having one of the best talks of our life? PRICELESS



Sappy, I know but after yesterday and just sitting around and talking and having that reconnection, it is now MANDATORY that we spend more time together alone. Ian happened to be swimming in my neighbor's ponds with her and her children and Liam was at Tricia's with Drake and Bailee (well, he's still there) so we were all alone from about 9:30am to 6pm and we were totally in sync with each other. It was so nice not to be yelling "go ask your daddy" or "why are you bringing a dead snake into the kitchen" and stuff like that. We hit Lowe's for the new patio stuff and then decided we wanted to do a shrimp boil for a late lunch so we had to drive to Port Arthur to get some fresh shrimp. We were having fun and as much as we LOVE spending time with the boys, I absolutely am in my own world when it's just me and Brent. He told me last night he really enjoyed our day, and even though it was impromptu alone time, we enjoyed it thoroughly. Trying to think of something special for his birthday and our anniversary so any suggestions would be helpful... I have been really stressed out with the momma situation so to just relax after Saturday was very much welcomed. When we came home Saturday evening and I had been gone all effin day I kind of had a fit and yelled - I think I scared my neighbor who was talking to Brent? lol Anyway they are trying to form or mold or whatever this "burn" whatever the hell that is, on the track but really it's just a giant mudhole to me. We had storms and a lot of rain this week so it was just sitting water so he told the boys to take the four-wheeler and make it mud so it would dry faster? WTHELL??? Anyway I was PO'd. They were throwing mud all over the picnic table, themselves, it was a mess. My poor neighbor. He told Brent "Yep, I got one of them." Now that was funny. Anyway they got everything put away and cleaned up then I cleaned Ian up, Liam took a shower then went to Drake's with him then we made fajita tacos for everybody to eat. I sometimes think after a stressful day like Saturday that when I get home I just want peace and tranquility, NOT dirt bikes, mud, four-wheelers, and dirty, muddy kids running around the back yard. Brent said that's part of the collateral damage of having boys. I am guessing at this point he was right. So Sunday was quiet, just the two of us for the most part, and one of the days where you just need to reconnect after the stressful week of class parties, awards programs and just finishing up all the loose ends of the school year. Hopefully we'll have more of those this summer.



The equipment Brent used to spread all the dirt on the track that is now one big mudhole.

My little momma is staying with my sister in Houston this week so hopefully everyone will make it out alive! Nah, just kiddin. I told my sister while they were on their way to beware because she may feel momma's little talons around her neck! She was not happy but we put her in the truck and said she will enjoy herself once she gets there which I'm thinking may be the case. She seems to gripe and moan but then we just tell her we are making these decisions because we love her and want her to thrive, not wither away. She weighs 72 pounds and is no bigger than a minute, but I can see an improvement just since she was at Tricia's and interacting with all of us more. Me and all my sisters are in this together and we are going to make sure her life is peaceful and quiet from here on out. Not having to deal with grown useless kids and grandkids or anything like that. As my daddy used to say "Baby, nothing's fair but the weather," which is a saying that seems to ring true each and every day.


My sister just called and told me we have to go see The Hangover. She said it was hilarious. Hopefully Ian and Liam can spend some time with their friends and Brent and I can sneak out to the movies and go see it.


I cannot believe on the 16th we'll be married 19 years. That anniversary hasn't even arrived yet and I'm already planning and deciding what we are going to do for our 20th!! That is going to be so strange, I used to think people who had been married for 20 years were almost dead, but like we say all the time: We fall more in love with each other all the time. It's funny because sometimes we can't get enough of each other and then sometimes we need space so he can do things he likes and I can do things I like ... and the boys usually like what he's doing so they pick to do the stuff daddy's doing. It's ok with me because with so many sisters and some true friends around, I always feel like I have somebody to do stuff with. That's the thing we talk about a lot, we do fall in love with each other over and over. I guess that's the secret: love the person enough to keep falling in love with them. Or maybe it's just that we're too stubborn to give up!!! Either way, I'm happy as long as we're together.


Ciao Bella!



post signature

No comments: