Tuesday, December 4, 2007

It Truly Is A Wonderful Life

Merry Christmas! Haven't had much time to post. Finally started getting some answers from the doctor about what's going on with me and why I decided to pass out and lie there unconscious for about half an hour. We were convinced it was toxic shock syndrome but there are no specific tests for it, so I have to wait to see if I start peeling where the red rash covered my body. In the meantime I found out that I'm anemic, and a rare form of anemia runs in our family because of our Mediterranean heritage. I think my daddy had it and I guess I always thought I was a carrier but in my old age, it may come to fruition. I'm half-Italian so I guess I did inherit some genes along the way, although they aren't the genes for the olive skin that tans great. I inherited my mom's pasty whiteness and her cold British attitude. mmmm. Maybe that's why I feel tired all the time? mmmm. Anywho, more tests to be done but that will have to wait until AFTER Christmas. Makes you really think about the future, your blessings and what's truly important -- a wonderful life.


I felt like crapola Friday and went to the doctor but Saturday I woke up feeling great. I don't know if it's the medicine they put me on or just getting some much needed rest. We took the boys to a Christmas tree farm so they could cut down a tree they picked out and then we had a whole Christmas day, except for the fact that I had to go to Target and buy all new lights for the tree because the ugly ass ones I picked out last year were HIDEOUS! Anyway, we also ended up at Sam's getting all new lights for the outside because by some big ole coinkydink, not one, not ONE, lit up. It was freaky and we weren't about to test strands and strands. So after another couple of hundred dollars just on decorations, we were ready. Then as it got dark we decided to walk down the street and see a house that lights up every year with thousands and thousands of lights. It's really something to see. Mainly we just like walking down there with the kids and they like to put money in his donation can for the electricity bill! I guess it's more of a tradition. My little one said "If I have to walk down here and look at these same lights one more time!" I thought it was pretty funny ... I guess he takes after me and has no sentimentality whatsoever!!!

I bought two strangers from the GameStop lunch today for doing something very nice for me so my 7 year old could have a really great Christmas. I almost started crying when I got my hands on the coveted gaming system, so I told them I wanted to buy them lunch. I took their orders and went to a drive-thru. It took a long time because it was right at lunch and when I went back to drop off their food one guy said "I just told him we''ll never see here again." I was like "so little faith in mankind. Have a little faith, boys and you'll go far!" They laughed and grabbed for the lunches. They truly looked like starving college kids but they were overly nice to put up with me for an hour and didn't seem at all bothered by me "staring" at them while they went about their work. You know, just when I think I have no more faith in people and they are all truly the dregs of society, somebody does something nice for me out of the blue. I guess I felt like I wanted to pay it forward. Don't get me wrong, I paid full price for the system, it was just their demeanor and how much fun I had sitting there talking to them. I'm doing some major damage in the shopping area tomorrow. Brent's going to leave early so we can make some major decisions and get business taken care of. I'm never good at decision-making so he seems to have the upper hand in that area. Boom-Boom. Decision made. I can never make it that easy. I have to over analyze everything. We've picked up a few things here and there but tomorrow it's NOW or NEVER. I guess I want to get everything done early, I feel the urgency in case I get really sick or anything. I want it all to be done. Poor Brent. He's been an angel since the other night when I was feeling horrible and my temp was really high. My little sister seems to think it was scarlet fever and that's why my body turned red. Hopefully after the new year we'll tackle that issue.


We're in love with Trans-Siberian Orchestra and their Christmas songs. They have two that I just LOVE, so I bought one CD and guess what, neither one of the songs I like are on that one, so while I'm out tomorrow I'm going to have to be a mini-search to figure out the name of one of the songs and then locate the CD. I would have never thought I'd like music like that but it seems Christmasy to me. Hope your week goes well and your shopping gets done. Ciao!

No comments: