Saturday, December 8, 2007

Gettin' Down to Bizness

Things have been pretty busy the last several days. Accomplished a lot this week in the form of getting the biggest gifts and hiding them away. I'm going to do a gingerbread house with the boys tonight. We're taking them to two live church nativities this weekend. One is a huge production at Calvary in Beaumont and the other one is an outside live nativity here in town, but they love going and drinking the hot chocolate and doing the other activities. Liam is our little beastmaster but Ian's coming around. Everyone knows I am NOT an animal person and I think Ian takes a lot after me but he has been great with Ivy ever since she got hit. I guess that comes with his age too. It's hard to be in the Christmas spirit when my list is still a mile long and it's like freakin 80 degrees outside! This is ridiculous. OH well, get it over now so it can at least be crisp and cool on Christmas. I was going to tell all that we did the other day but my nosy 12 year old seems to like getting his little eyes on my blog and reading it so now I have to be careful until after Christmas. We took Brent's mom down the street to see the lights last night. I wanted to go all around looking at Christmas lights but having the air on in the car and drinking cold tea is not the same as having it chilly and drinking hot chocolate while driving them all around to see the lights. Where is winter in southeast Texas??? ARRRAAAARRR... Trying to plan a trip to take the boys on the train for Christmas but I'll have to see how we can work it in with everything else planned for the next several weekends.
I bought Ian the cutest pajama set yesterday at Gaudie & Co. and he HATED it. I thought it was adorable and everyone in the store said he'd look so cute in it (all women) yet every male says it's girly and no way. Ian just about threw-up when he got a look at it. He said he'd wear it on Christmas Eve at "HOME," but he was not wearing it to school to be "ridiculed." Yeah, I know, I taught him the word and now he uses it all the time. So it's off to Target and Penneys today to see if I can get one of the approved pajama sets for his Polar Express Pajama Party at school on the 20th. So I have to hunt down "monster trucks, camouflage, dirt bikes, Cars, or something scary." That's what is on his list of approved pajama attire. Don't forget "any Bulldog pajamas." Do you know how hard it was to find Liam's Bulldog pajamas and that was like four years ago and Ian is now wearing them (out). We have to take our Christmas card picture this weekend so I can get those in the mail and we have no idea what we're going yet. Last year it was fun and the card was hilarious, at least to us, so we're trying to think of a good one this year too. We have a very wicked, dry sense of humor so it's getting a little hard to come up with ideas. Not to mention corralling them long enough to get it all done. I'm exhausted just thinking about it. But I'm running out of time. Any ideas?? Better go help Brent ... we've been putting up our decorations here and there so today it's Nascar Santa and the lights on the shop and I am the official ladder holder. I cannot believe he trusts me to hold his ladder but ... whatever... !!!

No comments: