Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day



Just wanted to say Happy St. Patty's Day to everyone and I hope this brings you Good Luck. Still looking for my pot o'gold and for the life I can't remember where I put it. Not much going on. Brent has training this week which is good because he gets two hour lunches and gets off early. I was shopping in Walmart and he was already home for lunch so needless to say he ate leftovers because by the time I made it home and unloaded, he'd already eaten. Finishing up on the Easter Bunny and getting all that taken care of. Still have a few things to pick up like a couple of movies and a Wii game for each of them (they cannot agree on one) to add to their baskets. Brent's cousins, that he hasn't seen in a while, stopped by while he was on his lunch break. They were on their way to eat lunch in town and so he got to catch up with them.
Got all the Easter goodies put away so now we have to dig out the Easter baskets from the plastic box marked "EASTER" out of the attic. Sounds easy but it's never that easy. They just sprayed up there and I am not going up there and touching anything so I have to wait for Brent to get it all down and then wash the box off. I just love their Easter baskets. Liam's basket is actually Brent's Easter basket from when he was a baby and used it every year so it's like OLD, but I still love it. Ian's basket is similar to Liam's, but I bought it his first Easter and he'll use it his whole life.
Brent's leaving for training in Atlanta in a week or two. Then right after that he has to go to Colorado. I think it's two weeks from now. Anyway, he'll be gone about a week or a little more I guess so I'll be playing married-single mom again. My, how I can't wait. Yee Haw. I know he needs/wants/has to to do this, but it's just that we miss him sooo much, and I guess he'll miss our class that week also. But I'll catch him up -- I just know he can't wait for that. LOL
We found a big ole snake in the garden yesterday. Brent tried to chase it down and kill it, to no avail. So, back in the house I went. I'll do anything outside until I see a really creepy bug or something slithering along the ground, then I'm outta there. NO WAY. So my claim that all the weeding would be done was short-lived. Tricia called last night about 11pm after we were in bed and we were talking and just cracking up. I was laughing soo hard it woke Brent up. I was trying to be quiet but the bed was shaking and I guess he was wondering what was going on, so he decided to wake up and find out. We were talking about the snake -- which lead to talking about bugs -- and then the LADYBUG. It seems Tricia found a ladybug in her house. Knowing she didn't want to kill the poor little ladybug, she got an envelope to scoot it onto to take it outside. She said all was well and she carried it outside on the envelope. Just as she was about to let it crawl off the envelope the ladybug's back opened up and these giant (her words, not mine!) GIANT, wings unfolded and it tried to attack her. It flew straight at her. She said she just let out a blood-curdling scream and took off running across her patio into the house. Her husband was in the house and could hear her screaming (yet did not even attempt to get up to see what it was). Whatever. Anywho, she said she was sooo freaked out about the ladybug because she didn't know they had wings. I just died laughing. Even I know that. And she was like "No, they have giant wings that are three times the size of their body." Duh. Well, whatever, at 11:00 last night I thought it was hilarious. Of course, if it would have been me I would have just squished it in the first place.

No comments: