Tuesday, March 18, 2008

New Song, Jimmy Buffett & Jealousy


OK, this is my new favorite song. Liam's adding it to his myspace since he likes it sooo much. It's just so happy and whimsical, carefree. It's about that time. Spring Break gave us a taste of it and now we're thirsty for the full, rich flavor of summertime. Liam cannot wait for school to get out. He loves it but he also loves doing whatever he wants and it's getting to that time where he's worn out. Between baseball, church and homework he has absolutely no time to do anything else during the week. We were at baseball from 4:15 to 7:20 last night. Two different locations now so it's back and forth although it's less than a mile apart. Brent's really into it so I'm just trying to be the supportive, doting wife and mother, although I feel like having a life. I could have been home doing stuff but he thinks they'll do better if each one of us is there to support them. OK.





Well, I've added a bunch of Brent's favorite songs. Of course there all by Jimmy Buffett and the second one on the playlist is A Pirate Looks at 40 which I find amusing because it's Brent's favorite song and he's looking at 40 this summer. Jimmy will be in Houston at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion on April 21st so I'm going to try and get him some tickets. Trying to plan something really special for Brent for his big 4-0 birthday, although if it doesn't include the beach and a week of sun and beer, I'm sure he will not be interested. We were talking about it last night. It's hard to believe we've been together so long and good friends. He is my best friend. We argue but it's to the point that when we start arguing or I try to get mad at him or he tries to get mad at me, we just start laughing. I can hardly keep a straight face when I'm trying to get mad. I just look at him and my heart melts. Which leads me on to the next section. One of my songs I added is "Jealousy" by Natalie Merchant. Isn't jealousy one of the seven deadly sins?? Appropriate to the situation. Brent went to Lowe's the other day, I think it was Friday evening. And when the clerk gave him the receipt to sign she said (and I quote to make sure it's right) "Sign this and write your phone number on here for me. [Hahahaha Laugh Laugh Laugh]" He stares blankly. "Oh, I'm just kidding." So, he told me "I think she was trying to flirt with me" and I was like "you think? Duh." And I said "Am I going to have to get dressed and go down there and freak out on her little ass!" Of course he thought I was kidding but I wasn't. LOL. Yeah I was. No I wasn't. Anywho --- of course here comes the stream of questions. Who was she? What did she look like? Was she old or young? Anyway, this is the info he decided to share after 20 questions was over which only made me more pissed off inside. Um, OK, What was her remark supposed to mean?? FREAKs everywhere you go! To be so bold at such a young age. PLEEEZ! He was in a good mood which made it even worse. He couldn't even tell me with a straight face. I told him that was good because we all need a little ego boost every now and then. Then for the life of me I couldn't figure out why he would tell me. Men are so silly sometimes. But he will be pointing her out the next time we go to Lowe's. How 'bout those apples??

No comments: