Monday, March 3, 2008

Hillary's Here!

Well, today is windy and stormy. Hillary is arriving at the airport around the corner from my house and conducting a rally. We drove over there yesterday and saw a lot of action going on ... which I don't think is normal for a Sunday afternoon at our little airport. Secret Service was doing perimeter in a blacked out SUV and the boys were just amazed by that and how she used to be the First Lady. Would love to go but I feel like shit and it's stormy and rainy. They said you had to be there early to catch a bus to the private hanger where the event is to take place. I thought you could just walk up and listen but no .... it's something all confusing and security checkpoints ... whatever. I'll probably see it better on our local news website this evening anyway. It's supposed to get cold this evening so I made the boys chicken and dumplins for supper. They LOVE it. I never thought they would but the last time I made it they both wanted some in their lunch the next day. I was pretty happy since they hardly ever want to eat the food I make once, much less twice. Last full week of school and practice and CCD/church before Spring Break. Brent's taking off for a couple of days so we're going to try and find something fun to do -- thought about Houston (still want to see Lucy). Liam's class is going to the museum and other activities in Houston in about two weeks so I need to find out first so we don't take him to the same place he'll be going to the next week -- the Children's Museum is great if you haven't been there. Ian absolutely loved it. I'm sure it will be a torrential thunderstorm in another hour when it's time to pick up my children so I guess I better get there early to get at the front of the line. As you all know I have nothing better to do than wait an extra thirty minutes just so my child doesn't get soaked waiting for me to pull up in line. I wish I could be one of those carefree mothers who just lets their kids get all wet and wait until the very end of the line then just pull through without waiting but I can't. I always think if he has to wait a long time he's sucking up all the benzene and carbon dioxide the fumes from the engines are putting off and then I have to get there early and I have to be at the front of the line. If not the very front, then fairly close. Am I crazy?
Want to know what pisses me off? Complacency. Oh, and if you have an opinion, just back it up. Ciao.

No comments: