Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Lots of News Today...

OK, so did everyone go vote?? Evidently it was a big deal here because in our county Barack Obama got 60% of the vote. Now that's a lot of the voting public and they had thousands show up for caucuses around the state, setting records. My sister "The REPUBLICAN" called to tell me she heard it was 49% to 49% and it was, but they also listed Jefferson County voting polls and it really surprising to me that 69% of the people voted for Barack. Not that I mind, as long as a Democrat gets the inevitable win we are heading for in November is my #1 concern.
Not every day, but some days I can be really funny and I said something the other night while we are eating (and I cannot for the life of me remember what it was) and Brent started choking and spitting. Funny thing was that I didn't even remember what I said after I said it. I haven't felt very funny lately, but evidently I can be at times. I was contemplating a "Marianism" that I said a long, long time ago this morning and thought I'd share. What is a "Marianism" you ask? Well, they are things that I do that I log into my book of Marianisms, such as why wash your sheets when you can just turn them inside out and go for another week or tw0? Now, chew on that for awhile! We were at a friend's house and Liam was about 5 months old and just beginning to crawl so he was on her bed crawling back and forth from me to her and laughing. She mentioned that she thought he was such a happy baby and I said "I kiss him all the time. All day long. If I can remember how many times I kissed him, then it wasn't enough!" We both just looked at each other with big tears in our eyes, because it was so true and she said "you're right." I'll never forget that day as long as I live. I actually said something from the heart on a whim and it meant a lot to me and to her. When she had her youngest child several years later I wrote it in a card I gave her and she told me not too long ago that she still has the card. So, eventually Brent and I shortened it to "If you can remember how many times you kissed your baby today, it wasn't enough" and that's where it has stayed for years. And the truth is that as they get older we don't say it as often as we should so take the time out today to kiss and hug your babies, no matter how old they are. 12 or 22 or 32, just call and tell them you're sending hugs and kisses their way. Brent's been working a lot lately so I have been spending a lot more time with the boys by myself and last night we all just snuggled and cuddled for about 20 minutes and talked and laughed and it was so relaxing. Even my 12 year old wanted me to tuck him in his bed "like Ian" because now he pretty much just does into his room and reads until he falls asleep. I guess that's how he relaxes before bed, which I usually do too, but now I like the idea of just chillin' with my boys and getting the low-down on the daily thoughts. I'll have to do that more often. Oh yeah, I think the one big thing is that they did not fight one time. Now that in itself is pretty amazing.
I miss Brent. He's been working sooooo much and being stressed out and I miss him -- the guy who makes me laugh all the time and talks to me all the time. I miss my friend. I cannot wait for Spring Break and some down time. The Heritage Festival should be fun this year and I hope, really hope, it doesn't rain so the boys can get their money's worth out of the $45 passes they bought for the rides, etc. I can't remember what the weather was like last year, but I know it was chilly a few days because I was holding everybody's jackets!

Don't forget to watch Supernannny tonight! Kadi Prescott and her family are going to be featured tonight. She has several blogs but the one I visit the most and enjoy reading is over at http://kadiprescott.blogspot.com/ . She's a mom to 7 kids. YUP, 7 little ones. OMG I can hardly handle two boys, much less 7! Yikes, I have no idea how my parents did it, but they did. Best thing is, I wouldn't have it any other way. I loved having lots of family around. To this day I hate sleeping by myself and only recently can enjoy staying home by myself. Too used to having to share everything -- 2 parents, 7 kids and 1 bathroom makes for a lot of closeness!!! I cannot wait to see it. How fun would that be? To have Supernanny in your home helping get your family back on track. I know a lot of people who need this so I'm never judgmental about the families they showcase. I think it's really cool and I think Kadi and her family will only see the benefits of opening up their lives and their home. Fantastic! Hell, I need Supernanny. Kind of getting tired of the tween back talk but I'll roll with it for now because I was the exact same. Although I'd love to talk to ABC about a new show "SuperMaid," and have someone come in and do all of my decluttering and deep cleaning. I would kiss the crack of her ass for that one! Not really, well maybe. I think it's exciting that a fellow blogger is making her debut on national television and I admire anyone who does it, even all the freaks they show on WifeSwap. Speaking of... tonight there is going to be a super freak on there who evidently has a giant plaster-of-paris ear. How grotesque!!! I can hardly stand to look at people's ears in general, much less a giant ear in a living room. Whatever. Freaks. Ciao Bella!

No comments: