Monday, June 16, 2008

18 Years and We Haven't Poked Our Eyes Out Yet??


I kid with the title, but sometimes I think it's so true.... don't you?
So, exactly 18 years ago today I married my best friend and the love of my life. I never really thought I could love someone more 18 years later due to the fact that everybody ends up getting on my nerves at one time or another, but I'll have to hand it to him, he's put up with me this long which shows his dedication and love for our relationship and our family. And for that, among many other things, I can honestly say that I love him more today knowing what kind of man he has become, instead of being in love with the man he will become.


"In An Instant"
by Rev. Melissa L Straub


Our soulmates exist
In this well charted life
When we find them we know
In an instant it's right
And although to some
It seems far too fast
Who are we to judge
When their hearts meet at last
For they have known all along
To whom they belong
Their souls come together
Like a well rehearsed song
Let us support and nurture
The love these two know
So that through their lives together
This love shall continue to glow.
He really surprised me by coming home from work and telling me to get dressed to go out for our anniversary. I was like blah, blah... the boys..., blah, blah, anyway he worked it all out and they stayed with Granny and Poppie and we flew out of this one horse town for a great dinner, wine, relaxation and a great conversation. We went to Tokyo and ate sushi and watched all the cooks perform at the gril. We had a great time, drank wine and not once did we interrupt each other to scream at a child or retrieve food or utensils that were being thrown about. Nah, that never happens. We made a stop for coffee, bras and underwear and then headed out to pick up the boys. Even though we were only away for three and a half hours, it made a big difference in our mood this evening and it was some R&R that was very much needed and thoroughly enjoyed. Happy Anniversary to anyone else who shares the same date. It's a good day, a nice even number to boot. Ciao.

No comments: