Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Just want to say Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there that I know: My husband, my father-in-law Bill (Poppie) and all the brother-in-laws and friends that your day is special and filled with love. A special note to my daddy whom I love and miss very, very much. Love and kisses to all.



Ian drew this picture of him and his daddy on the computer this morning. Since they look so much alike and I guess he sees it too and hears it all the time, he drew them exactly the same or close enough to it but you get the idea. The inscription at the top reads: "Have a happy Father's Day Daddy! I love ridding dirt bikes with you. I hope your Father's Day is filled with joy, love." Brent said I told him what to write and Liam and I both adamantly denied it. He did it all on his own. Actually, I had to turn on the printer because they print off all kinds of crap but other than that, it was all his idea. I can tell you that no one helped him write it or draw it and I thought it was pretty good considering he used correct punctuation, only misspelling "ridding" but the fact that he doubled the consonant on the end after he dropped the "e" tells me that he was at least trying to be grammatically correct. What can I say, he is my son too! We just cracked up after I pointed out all these little things to Brent who could really give a crap, he just loved the picture. I have to study it for a while and get into his way of thinking. He even used the correct "your" instead of "you're." Little toot seemed to have learned a lot in first grade!

A few words of encouragement I ran across that seemed to convey some sort of message: Your children love you unconditionally, accept it. Sometimes I see idiots who try and test the limits of their children's love and I personally find it disgusting. Man UP! Take responsibility and enjoy the love they give you. No one else in your life will ever give you that, except, of course, your parents as it should be!!! Now those are my words but I think the summation is fitting.






"I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection." -- Sigmund Freud."





A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child." --the Knights of Pythagoras"





A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty." -- Author Unknown."





Father! - to God himself we cannot give a holier name." -- William Wordsworth.








My videoing skills have a lot to be desired but you get the idea.... I believe Ian BELIEVES that he is connected to his daddy. If you can see before I decided to show the sky the grin on Ian's face... he's such a booger!







We're off to Drake's birthday party celebration this afternoon and since it looks like a stormy day I guess Brent won't mind so much that he's not working outside on the deck. He was really disappointed about no one doing anything for his birthday so we'll see how he feels after his party. Got to get the planning done this week so hopefully by the next Saturday at the end of June we'll be ready. Let me know if you have any good ideas. They have inflatable palm tree drink coolers on sale at Party City which I thought about putting all the kiddo's drinks in, well, I guess all the non-alcoholic drinks. I'll try and get over there in the next couple of days. Ciao!

No comments: