Sunday, March 1, 2009

Recipe Of The Week


Why can't I look this happy and put together when I mop my floors? She's deranged that's for sure~~~

This is a recipe from Divine Domesticity that I will be trying this week. I love the fact that one prep session equals two meals with one being able to be frozen. That's right up my alley this week with trying to get back on course with housework and getting all the laundry caught up before we get to play around the next week during Spring Break. Hope you like it too. Love her site so go on over and check it out.







Baked Ziti with Italian Sausage and Sour Cream



Makes two 9"x13" pans



2 pounds dry ziti pasta
1 large onion, chopped
2 pounds regular Italian, or spicy or sweet Italian sausage
3 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
8 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
2 cups sour cream
8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
One container grated Parmesan cheese



1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.



2. In a large skillet, brown onion and sausage over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes. In an extra large pan (probably what you used to boil the ziti in) combine the sauce mixture and the ziti noodles.



3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F






Butter two 9"x13" baking dishes. Layer as follows:



Ziti and sauce mixture,
(all) sour cream,
provolone and mozzarella cheese,
ziti and sauce mixture,
provolone and mozzarella cheese.



Top with grated Parmesan cheese.




4. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.


Seems easy enough right? Hopefully I won't screw it up or anything like that. Maybe I'll take a picture if I get up the energy to look for the camera charger! LOL



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Also on the menu plan for this week is the crockpot ham recipe that Stephanie over at A Year of Crockpotting has up on her site today. Decided to go ahead and try some new stuff that doesn't take much time since I will not have a lot of time this week with everything that's going on and getting tax receipts and things of that sort ready for the CPA. Yikes. So this should be a great recipe that cook all day and be able to use the leftovers for something else equally tasty and easy. Haven't really done a menu plan on paper but I'm good to go as far as knowing what we are eating until Thursday and then with baseball and the awards program for Upwards I'm thinking easy like Chinese take-out. That sounds good because Brent really dislikes it but if it's been a long time (and it has) he'll usually go for it if we beg. Nah, but we do have to coerce him into actually pulling in the parking lot.



Are you keeping up with your Lenten obligations? I am trying really really hard so we'll see at the end of Lent how I did. Ian accidentally ate a piece of candy from the candy jar today and I thought he was going to choke when he remembered he gave it up for Lent. I told him I'm sure it's OK as long as you didn't do it on purpose. He assured me he did not do it on purpose. Poor little thing. Don't forget to pray for your husband and stay on task with whatever it is you gave up (or decided to give) during Lent. Ciao.

post signature

No comments: