Friday, May 1, 2009

Real Life Is Busy These Days....

I cannot believe that it has been exactly two months since I last posted. Life has been happening and things have been taking off with our jewelry business. It leaves me little or no time for just playing around between that and soccer and baseball and ... well just trying to keep up with the boys and things like that. Here is a pic of Ian catching some bass tonight at the lakes by our house. He was sooooo proud because he caught four fish whereas his daddy and Liam did not catch one. He was proud as a peacock knowing that the bass were just eating up his electric blue Wacky Worms.


I read a post today by Amy at
The Finer Things In Life (I absolutely LOVE her site) and it really made me think about my absence. I love blogging. I love reading my favorite blogs. But I needed to take a breath and get back to my routine and getting the house in shape. You get on the blogs and think you are only on for about an hour and it's been two and when I only have a limited amount of time to get things done during the day, it was taking up a big chunk of it. I needed to figure out what I wanted my blog to be about ... and I want it to be about whatever I feel like at the moment. Funny family stuff, getting debt free (almost there), couponing, recipes, real mom daily stuff, friendships, family, beliefs and all the stuff my boys drag into my home, be it dead or alive -- like a slug, is what I want to talk about. I won't have the latest crafty ideas but I try to do one with the kids every now and then. Liam is pretty much over that but every now and then I can get him to participate when it doesn't seem quite so cheesy. So I have found a lot of blogs that I enjoy reading. These are smart, sassy women and moms just trying to help out other moms out there in bloggyland and they make me laugh and try and do better on a daily basis. I love being given the information of new ways to deal with new situations that arise in our daily life with the boys. On that note we have had a busy couple of months.

Getting ready for the end of the year school parties and planning our summer which this year, much to their dismay, will include Superkids at Lamar, St. Thomas Reading Academy, and camps for athletics and the Discovery Camp. Liam refuses which is fine but Ian is actually kind of excited.

I've been Facebooking a lot lately and I used to actually hate it, but now I love it. My friends are so funny and people are crazy talking to each other but it makes me laugh.

On a more serious note, I've been doing a prayer book every day and praying for my husband, children, family and my sanity. I know, it's kind of sad, but I need my sanity to be able to handle all the other things in my life. Ian made his First Communion almost two weeks ago and it was so special to us. Since he is our baby, I really tried to relish the moments and remember the details since I will probably never be doing it again. That is sad and it made me cry when he received the Sacrament. I really don't talk about religion with people I'm not close to, but those that know me really know that the Catholic upbringing we are giving to the boys is something that we believe in and try to instill in them on a daily basis. I don't always succeed, WE don't always succeed, but we try, every day. And I love the boys for trying. And I love Brent for that.

So we have a meeting at school the other day and we take over an hour to discuss what the end of the year t-shirts will look like and if the mom shirts are going to look the same or different. Ummm, is it me or does anybody else not care? I care... but to a point. If the children's bodies are covered and it looks halfway decent, are second-graders really going to care? I know all the moms are hard-working and want to plan the best party possible but sometimes it's ok to just let the kids be kids. We did that at Easter and they had a blast. Each child played this horseshoe game made out of carrots and little games like that, then we gave each child a dozen confetti eggs and they had so much fun. Of course, there were a few tears because somebody got some confetti in their hair and someone else's egg didn't break (? wth) but overall, Ian said it was the best time. So no matter how much we plan and plan, it will just take it's own course. That's all I am saying. It will play out on it's own. Of couse I am stoked because summer is almost here and we cannot wait for the freedom that comes along with it.

Let's see what else is new? The boys are doing great in school and Liam grades have been outstanding this year, considering this is the beginning of his 5 year plan and he is awesome in math and science so his teacher and counselor told us that he'll be guided in that direction for his classes and pre-college courses in high school. He could care less but at least he's keeping his grades up. He told me the other day a kid took a zero on a paper because he didn't "feel" like doing it so the teacher said "fine, it's a zero" and the boy said "I knew it would be." Liam was in shock. He was like "Mom, how can you just sit by and take a zero and not even care?" I was actually flabberghasted that he said that, considering he is so calm and laid back, like he doesn't have a care in the world. However, we were talking about it and there are two things he loves and cares about outside of us and it's his school and soccer. That kid is crazy for soccer. Ian, on the other hand, is crazy for baseball. He is actually pretty good. Well, I really dunno because I usually text or play on the internet unless he's batting, but that's what everybody else tells me. I've been TRYING to pay attention, but it's so hard. Just when I think I know the game or the rules, everyone is like no he has to be tagged or no, it doesn't count? Well, why the hell not? Little League rules are so confusing. Brent gets so nervous for him but he's been doing great. His coaches pump him up and he just grins from ear to ear. And soccer, well you can forget that. Liam's been playing for about 6 years and all I know is that when the little ball goes in the net, yeah! I have a lot of pics to download to share with family and friends who "used to" visit my blog, so maybe if I get those uploaded they'll come back! he he Well, hopefully I'll be back with some new and exciting stuff. I'll be back but it probably won't be too exciting. I have a lot of blogs that are really great to refer to for meal planning and keeping me pumped about paying off our house so we can build on our land. Keeping it real....

post signature

No comments: