Monday, May 11, 2009

Bread.Butter.Cheese. Does It Get Any Better Than That?


Why does this girl look deranged staring at that sandwich? Is it me or does she look like a really small sociopath??


That's how I feel most mornings. If I can at least get their hot panini's in their lunches along with a few other choice food groups, and they actually eat it, it's been a good day! Guess what just happened? A guy comes to the door selling meat, yup, meat door to door, in a cold styrofoam ice chest. WTF? NOOO WAY JOSE!
So hope all of you had a terrific Mother's Day. Brent and the boys were very sweet to me and I loved their gift. Here are the charms each one of the boys gave me and I absolutely love them. They are too adorable.



This one is called "Brothers" and it has two little boys hugging. Which is soooo not them, but adorable anyway! Just a little sidenote: these little boys are pretty wide and chunky looking, which does not look like Liam & Ian at all. lol

This one is a "Mom" one and it is really cute.

My bracelet is about halfway filled now and it's been about a year since they gave it to me so that's not too bad, I just can't wait to have it all filled up so I can enjoy it and not worry about which charm I want next. So we grilled steaks and enjoyed the day with Granny & Poppie which was really nice. The boys had fun and we just relaxed. Friday night we were busy and out at Pappadeaux's for Mark's surprise party which was really nice and enjoyable. Brent and I had so much fun because it's been a while since we went out by ourselves. We came home to an empty house and stayed up talking. I love when we get into those deep conversations and the next thing you know it's been like three hours. They are a part of our relationship and he makes me laugh so much then I cannot be serious which just makes me keep laughing. We went to the crawfish boil Saturday and Liam and his friend pigged out on the crawfish and when we got home a few hours later they were like "we're hungry." Ummm, didn't you already eat? So I threw some pizza rolls in the oven and his little friend said "I've never had pizza rolls out of the oven." Excuse me, how do you eat them? He said "We put 'em in the microwave." WTH? We just died laughing because I have never cooked them in the microwave. He said they are always soggy and gushy so he loved that mine were crunchy. He's too funny.

My friend sent me this text on Mother's Day and I hope you take it to heart like I did. She thought of this on her own and it really echoes my sentiments exactly:

To all mothers: Children are a reflection of our diligent work, the effort to teach them manners, respect & responsibility shows so never give in and always be patient.

Brent really made Mother's Day special and I just wanted to send a little prayer to him today because it's not just what he does for me on Mother's Day but the other 364 days a year that makes my heart go pitter-patter when he walks through the door. Lovin' him more each day of which on June 16th we will be celebrating 19 years of being married. I cannot believe how fast time flies. We are already talking about plans for our 20th anniversary next summer and hopefully it'll be everything we want and more. But I'll be telling everyone about that later.


Lord Jesus, grant that I and my spouse may have a true and understanding love for each other. Grant that we may both be filled with faith and trust. Give us the grace to live with each other in peace and harmony. May we always bear with one another's weaknesses and grow from each other's strengths. Help us to forgive one another's failings and grant us patience, kindness, cheerfulness and the spirit of placing the well-being of one another ahead of self. May the love that brought us together grow and mature with each passing year. Bring us both ever closer to You through our love for each other. Let our love grow to perfection. Amen.

We've been talking a lot lately and we really have some plans for the future that we are excited about and that we want to see come to fruition. It's not just about the materialistic things but the values we want for our family.

Super Duper News: (but of course my family already knows)

Liam is gong to be inducted into the National Honor Society tonight and we are just so proud of him. He kept his word that he'd keep up his grades this year if he got to play his computer games and that child has really been working hard on balancing school and his extracurricular activities and still being into his online gaming. You gotta give the boy his dues. He also received the BullPup Pride Pin which is a big deal at his school about showing character, values, leadership, and academic excellence. It really does show when you make the effort, then they too will make the effort. Hopefully I'll have pictures to post soon after all the award ceremonies for both of them toward the end of the year.

Guess I better run and do my errands before I have to pick up and deliver children all about town today. Excited for Liam's induction tonight and the field trip for Ian this week and spending Wednesday evening with Brent. Ian has two baseball games this week along with practice and batting cages and Liam has two soccer practices and a game on Saturday. Busy, yes!

post signature

No comments: