Thursday, June 25, 2009

End of Baseball Camp, Beginning of Vacation w/ Brent

Lamar University: Jim Gilligan Baseball Camp


I thought summer was a time for relaxation and reflection, yeah right. This summer has been so busy and vacation starts next week and we are just so happy to be slowing down for at least that ONE week that I just want to enjoy the boys, enjoy Brent and really soak up the summer. It's time to reconnect with my sweetie and spend some quality time together. We have something planned and I am really looking forward to it. So what's on the agenda? Well, we WERE going to San Antonio and stay with some friends outside of Austin but the hotel we wanted to stay at is booked because it's the week of July 4th so I think we are going to do that, but when it won't be so crowded. So the #1 thing on our list is to put down the new tile in the den. I've been wishy/washy with it. Bought all the stain and stuff to stain the cement then decided I really wanted saltillo tile so we are going on some scouting expeditions this weekend to see what we can scrounge up. It seems it's a really hot product around here and everyone is always out of it or the boxes that are left aren't enough. But with the colors we've picked and the furniture, I think it's the best deal for us. So we are trying to make some really difficult decisions as far as drastically remodel?? Build?? Move?? I found a house I really like that is so much bigger than ours but it's in the city limits and Brent's like "No." prfff, whatever. Maybe I'm wearing him down. But we're looking at plans and one day we say this and one day it's something else. I went last night and bought new stuff for our bedroom and at first I was like "uh huh that is fugly" but then it freakin started growing on me today. Not to mention Tricia, my sister, came over and said she really liked it. So now I think I'll use that as a base to keep going and get some different things in here to make it feel more like our personality.


Today was a big day at the baseball camp Ian has been attending all week. His daddy went to watch him on his exhibition day and he was in hog heaven. He was so happy his daddy was taking off work to go and spend it with him. Brent said he got some really positive reviews about Ian's pitching and hitting so Ian was on cloud nine. A coach for one of our teams already hit Brent up to put Ian on his team next year (wtf ??) but he had said Ian was 8, but by next season he'll turn 9 so he'll be too old for that team. So they had a great day and it all went very well. It didn't rain at all the whole week so that made the money definitely worth it. Although today it was about 104 degrees on the field and 111 degrees in my car! This humidity makes it unbearable. I felt sorry for those boys out there all week but Ian told me he didn't really feel hot at all so I knew they were keeping them very hydrated and taking frequent breaks to fight the heat.


Let's see, what else did I wanna say? Oh yeah. How come the obnoxious people you can't stand in life seem to find you on Facebook? There are like 3 people that I just ignore their friend requests so I can block them out if I want to. I guess that's why I love FACEBOOK!! he he he Although that part is great, Brent met and talked to a guy that went to elementary with me at our Catholic school! They started talking about growing up in that area around Lamar University and the years he was there and then mentioned that he went to Catholic school where I used to go and so Brent asked him if he remembered me and he was like "um, yeah, why" and so he told him that he was married to me. It's such a small world. Anyhow, he has two little boys and one was in the same group for 8 years olds with Ian and they really got along. It was the craziest thing when Brent texted me then called to tell me how they had been talking all afternoon and then had just discovered all that. That was a good thing today that definitely put a smile on my face.


What else is going on this summer? Well, the week after we get back off vacation, Ian starts Superkids at Lamar, which he is not looking forward to at all. He said he doesn't want to go there and sit and do science and math! I just started cracking up because it is sooo not like that at all. Liam went for several summers and really enjoyed it. He even brought home a baby chick after they had raised it at camp all week. Liam loved that baby chick, but he went to spend the night with his Auntie T and his cousin and I kinda forgot to turn off the light above it and it didn't have any water so we remembered like two days later and that little thing was all crispy. Liam cried, I laughed and Brent got mad because Liam & Ian made him bury it. I couldn't even go out there because I kept laughing every time I looked at this poor little baby chick all crispy and crusted. (yeah actually it was kinda gross but I think my relief in times of stress is laughter, yep, it is!) Oh Gosh just remembering that day is kinda wild! I don't think Liam will ever forgive us for that but at least now when we talk about he laughs with us, then secretly turns around to wipe his eyes. My sweetie has the biggest heart and the soul of an angel. While Ian is at Superkids I am going with my friend to The Main Dish where you create your own 12 entrees, which is enough for 72 servings. We scanned the July menu and they have some yummy dishes to choose from and we are sooo excited about doing this. You get to put all the meals together yourself and then load 'em up in an ice chest and take home to your freezer. If you do the 12 entrees, you get a free dessert. So that's one good thing right? And this month the dessert is Key Lime Pie so that should be tasty for a summer bbq on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Then Liam has Soccer Camp in Beaumont in mid to late July then he starts soccer practice and football practice in August. It seems as if you stay just as busy, only there's no homework or projects to deal with since school's out!

Well, enough babble. Have a good weekend and enjoy the sun, smile at your kids, and plant a big fat wet one on your hubby - I know that's what I'll be doing.

Pictures coming soon...... yea right. ... not likely.... but probably soon.

post signature

No comments: