Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day at the BeAcH!!


Hope everyone had a great and wonderful Father's Day with the daddy's in your life. We went to the beach early this morning to walk and look for shark teeth and sea beans. Ian was so excited because we found four shark teeth and three sea beans. One was really big. Took plenty of pics so when I get on the laptop I will download them to the blog. I hate the way I have to do it on the desktop so I'll just do it all at once. We were relaxed and just played all morning. Granny found a sea bean and she really enjoyed just being down at the beach and putting her feet in the salty water. We had a good time so we decided to come home and cook. All the restaurants around here were fully packed by 1pm so we hit our H-E-B and got all the stuff to make Spanish rice, homemade pineapple pico de gallo, Key West chicken and homemade salsa. My friend gave me some fresh tomatoes from her garden and it tastes great. This batch is really spicy but we like it, but it's probably a little too spicy for Ian, although Liam will probably love it. The beach was great and the sand was hot, what more can you ask for a gorgeous day???


Ian is off to Lamar Baseball Camp this week. he is going to the competitive edge hitting and pitching camp which was one of the best camps Liam ever attended. He learned so much and was really complimented on his techniques by his baseball coaches. Ian is super excited about all of it since his team won the 8 year old Championship in Little League last week. He was all about baseball after that! So he'll be there from 8-4 all week and then we have VBS at a friend's church that he's been invited to attend and his pool party for his baseball team where they will get their trophies for the great season they've had this year. It'll be busy but I love it when it's busy and they are being active.


Brent's yelling at me to go and make the Spanish rice because I forgot: note here: I didn't forget, I chose not to do when he told me to! I will do it on my own time THANK YOU very much and if you do want me to do it when you want me to then you ASK me, don't TELL me. Anywho, I'm trying to be a really nice and kind person on Father's Day so I guess I better get off my cracker butt and get it done. Oh I just remembered that Ian has to bring a lunch to the baseball camp all next week which means I now have to go back to the grocery store to come up with some ideas for food for him next week which means my stomach will soon be hurting from the pressure which means it may ruin my Key West chicken dinner which means I will then be pissed. he he he Nah, I guess I better get all this taken care of before my family falls apart before my eyes.


There's a blog that I have fallen in love with. A lot of the values and morals and ideas about family and children that Amy at The Finer Things in Life express are my sentiments exactly. She has great recipes and her blog is one that I can actually remember to go check if I didn't receive it by email for that day. Thought you all might be interested in it also since it is such a great blog with great ideas for frugal meals, snacks and interesting topics. Take a look if you get a chance. I may even post a comment on the reasons I became a SAHM. It had a lot to do with September 11, 2001 when we sat down and decided that our family as a whole was more important that the $$$ I was bringing home. Plus, I was offered the Office Manager position which would mean full time and if I didn't accept the job, my hours would be drastically reduced anyway. So on September 13, 2001 (we were closed on the 12th) I put in my two week notice and never looked back.


Have a good week and God Bless. Brent and I have an 8:00pm movie night planned, sans the children who will be watching their own movie. I bought him Gran Turino for Father's Day so we are going to cuddle and watch it again. We actually went to see it the day it opened because it was our date night out then also. We LOVE our nights out together so cuddle up with the man in your life and enjoy the rest of his day!!



I'll upload pics from the beach later.... or later this week... or later this month. LOL No, really, I will try to do it after we bring Ian to his first day of baseball camp tomorrow.

Ciao Bella!!


post signature

No comments: