Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Happy Anniversary: 19 YEARS!!



Today is our 19th wedding anniversary! 19 years ago I married my best friend. I know everybody always says that, but I mean it. He's my heart and soul, soul mate, and the one person who has never let me down or not followed through. He's the best dad he can be to our little boys and every day when I look at that man I think to myself what did I do that was special enough to deserve him? The yin-yang of our relationship and the blessings God has given to us make this one of the things I am most proud of: to be called his wife. After 19 years I still get butterflies when he rushes home from work to be with us, I still smile when he flirts with me and I still know, even though we fuss and fight sometimes, that every night he is going to have my back and keep me warm. And when I think of him during the day, I can feel a smile creeping in around the corners of my mouth. I really feel that I do not deserve such a loving individual, so I'll enjoy the ride and cherish these moments with my best friend.




A lot has been going on in the last few days. Brent's birthday was Friday, June 12th (a nice even number) and we had so much fun. We took the boys to the beach and Galveston for the day, went sight-seeing, ate lunch and then let 'em swim until the sun set. The water was gorgeous and we literally would have sat out there watching them skimboard and play until way past the sunset, but Ian cut his foot very badly on a rock or something. It was bleeding profusely but he had a tetanus when he was bitten by the copperhead so at least we didn't have to go sit at the hospital all night. The cut was across his heel and it was bad but we used to towels to stop the bleeding and after awhile I bandaged him up with some gauze (thank God I bought an extra medical kit for the car) and taped him up for the ride home. It bled a lot but the actually cut isn't that bad. I took pics so I'll post them in a bit. We had a fun, relaxing day. The beach looks so different since Hurricane Ike destroyed it, although it's clean and the sand is beautiful. In Galveston some of the old buildings are marked with blue tape where the Hurricane Ike water line was. It's really sad. It used to be so bustling and busy and it seemed really sleepy that day and probably 50% or more of the businesses are not up to par, either undergoing construction or are not there anymore. I used to love to go into this one kitchen shop and I could stay in there for hours and it's gone, the building is gutted so hopefully they'll be back soon.




I have a bunch of pics to post of the last few weeks so I'll try and do that soon. Hopefully you will enjoy them as much as we do and if you don't, oh well!


post signature

No comments: